- 1 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup jaggery, dissolved in water
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp amchur powder ( dry mango powder)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh methi leaves
- 1 tbsp. ghee
- 2 tbsps. sesame seeds
- Oil for deep frying
- In a large bowl take all the above ingredients except oil & sesame seeds. Mix well & knead into pliable dough by adding water. Allow to rest for 10 mins.
- Divide into desirable sized balls & roll each ball into a round shape to form a puri. Dab each puri with sesame seeds on top. Press slightly. Repeat with the rest.
- Heat oil & deep fry to light golden colour.
- Serve hot along with spicy garlic chutney,mango pickle & chunda!
With til laddoo, til chikki & various sweets, some savoury item is most preferred. Enjoy these crispy puris with your chai time!