600 gms Cauliflower
300 gms. Turnip (Shalgam)
600 gms Delhi Carrot,
1 ½ tbsp Red Chilli powder,
1 tsp Turmeric Powder,
2 tsp Mustard Powder
1 ½ tbsp Salt
- Wash the vegetables thoroughly. Cut the stalks off the cauliflowers. Lightly peel the turnips and carrots after chopping off the tops and tails.
- Cut the carrots into 2 inch long batons, separate the cauliflower into medium sized florets and cut the turnip into 1 inch size dices.
- Now boil the water in a large vessel, and then blanch the cut vegetables for 3 minutes, remove it from boiling water and drain.
- Spread these blanched vegetables on a clean cloth and dry in the sun completely. Make sure no water is retained.
- Now combine the mustard powder, turmeric powder, chili powder, salt, add little boiled water and heat this mixture till you are left with thick paste.
- Now in a large take all the dried veggies and rub the masala paste onto the dried vegetables.
- Transfer this in a large transparent jar and place it under the sun for couple of days.
- Our Punjabi Gajar Gobhi aur Shalgam ka Achaar is ready.Note: The life of this achar is only 2-3 weeks. For a longer shelf life, store it in a refrigerator.