Try Freedom Physically Refined Rice Bran Oil for deep frying your favourite Crispy Chicken that is light and low absorbing!
Makes: 8 servings
Prep time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 10 min./batch
- 4 cups – all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons –ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon –red chilli powder
- 3 teaspoons – black pepper, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons – garlic seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- Glass of buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon – salt
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3-1/2 to 4 pounds each) cut up
- Freedom Physically Refined Rice BranOil for deep frying
- In a large zip-lock plastic bag, combine 2-2/3 cups flour, ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, 2-1/2 teaspoons black pepper and garlic seasoning
- In a bowl, prepare an egg wash by beating eggs,salt, the remaining flour and black pepper together (use some buttermilk to loosen up the consistency, if required)
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, one after another, and put it in the bag. Seal bag and shake well to coat
- Next, in a deep fryer, heat 375°oil for deep frying and fry the chickenfor 5-6 minutes until crispy golden brown
Place some paper towels on the serving plate, arrange the crispy fried chicken, sprinkle some garlic seasoning and serve!