- ½ kg Mutton (curry cut with bones)
- 3 nos. Large Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 3 nos. Onions (large, sliced),
- 12-15 nos.Garlic Cloves (pressed/lightly crushed)
- 2 inch Ginger Piece (chopped)
- 2 nos. Green chilies (cut into long pieces)
- 300 gms Plain yoghurt
- 5 nos. Green Cardamom (chotielaichi),
- 6-7 nos. Cloves,
- 10-12 nos. Black Pepper Corns,
- 1.5 inch Cinnamon piece,
- 2 nos. Bay leaves,
- 1 tsp Cumin (Jeera) Powder
- 1 tbsp Red Chili (lalmirch) Powder,
- 1 tbsp Coriander (dhaniya) Powder,
- ½ tsp Garam Masala &
- Salt to taste.
First of all clean & wash mutton pieces. Peel, wash & cut potatoes in large even size cubes (4-6 pieces of each potato) and keep it dipped in cold water. Cut onions in thin slices, peel ginger, chop finely and crush/chop garlic.
Now heat the oil (you can use any other cooking medium of your choice) in a pressure cooker, add all the whole Masalas and let it splutter, reduce the flame to low and add everything mutton, onions, garlic, ginger, curd, salt and all other remaining Masalas. Add 1&½ cups of water and put the lid. Increase the flame to high, as soon as the pressure builds up reduce the flame to low and let it cook for 15-20 minutes.
Important – If you plan to eat this delicious curry with rice then increase the quantity of water and if want very well done mutton then let it cook for another few more minutes.
Once done, remove from the flame, release the pressure, open and bring it back to flame and cook open for few minutes till you get the required consistency.
Quick & delicious OCP Mutton curry is ready. Serve hot with steamed/boiled rice or bread of your choice.