- 1 cup Sabudana (Tapioca Pearls)
- 1 Carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup French beans, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Green peas
- 1 Green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves, pounded
- 2 Cardamom pods, pounded
- 1 Bay leaf, torn
- 2 tbsp.Almonds, boiled, peeled and sliced
- 4-5 Cashew nuts, toasted
- Salt to taste (preferably, rock salt)
- Freedom Physically Refined Rice Bran Oil, for cooking
- Start by soaking the Sabudana in water for about 4 to 6 hours. Then drain the Sabudana and keep it aside.
- Now, keep all the vegetables prepared and ready. Heat a heavy bottomed kadahi with little bit of oil and add the cardamom and cloves and fry till the aroma is released.
- To this kadahi, add all the vegetables and sauté for about 10 minutes till everything is quite done.
- Once the vegetablesare cooked, add the spice powders and sauté for another few minutes.
- It is now time to add the soaked Sabudana and stir evenly by covering the kadahi half, with the lid and cook it further for 10 more minutes until the Sabudana is cooked well and separates.
Scrumptious SabudanaKhichdi is ready, serve with chilled raita of your choice!