- 1 cup sesame
- 1 cup jaggery
- 1 tsp ghee
- In a pan, dry roast sesame seeds on low flame till it splutters.
- Now in another wok, heat ghee and jaggery and keep stirring on medium flame till it melts completely and turns glossy and thick.
- Check the consistency by dropping syrup into a bowl of water, it should from a hard ball and cut with a snap sound.
- Now simmer the flame and add roasted sesame seeds,stir well making sure jaggery syrup coats well.
- Immediately pour the mixture over butter paper or steel plate greased with ghee.
- Now using a using a rolling pin and roll the slightly thick block.
- Allow to cool for a min and when it’s still warm cut into a kite shape.
- And sprinkle dry fruit like pistachios over it. When it’s completely cool, store it in an airtight container.
Enjoy the tasty Chikki anytime you like!