To be a better cook, all it takes is some information about the ingredients and the right knowledge about the right cooking oils, including the method of cooking with different oils, and storing them.
Walking down the aisle of cooking oils at the grocery store can be very overwhelming for a lot of people. Choosing from a variety of some of the best cooking oils for health – vegetable, olive, peanut, canola and a dozen more options, for salads, deep frying, sautéing, etc. can be confusing.
Understanding unsaturated, monounsaturated, polyunsaturated fats, how oils are made, what all oils need to be avoided, smoke points of certain oils and their storage is quite necessary in order to pick the right cooking oil.
Most cooking oils vary in flavour and taste when it’s about how they taste –a reason why most restaurants serve vinegar and olive oil as the basic salad dressing, instead of vinegar and corn oil. Also, some oils are not meant to be consumed as-is, they require a little cooking.
Healthy cooking oils
- Avocado oil – it’s pressed directly from avocados, high in monounsaturated fat which makes it heart healthy. Having a higher smoke point, avocado oil outshines olive oil when it comes to heat, making its way easy for most high-heat cooking recipes.
- Peanut oil – or groundnut oil is a perfect balance of fats, has a good combination of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats and is low in saturated bad fats, which makes it a wholesome all-purpose oil for cooking, everyday.
- Olive oil – the oil that heals your body! Olive oil has properties best for your cardiovascular health. It maintains a better blood flow for the cognitive functioning of the body. However, Olive oil is not an ideal choice for deep frying as it hold low smoking point.
- Rice bran oil – typically known for its nutritive properties to protect the heart health and especially the cholesterol levels, there are a lot more benefits of the rice bran oil, apart from it being by far the best cooking oil for health.It has a neutral taste that keeps your salad dressings and curries in the same flavour.
Benefits of Rice bran oil & why choose it for every day cooking?
- Consists the right balance of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats and its rich in Oryzanol which helps to absorb the bad cholesterol in the body, and maintain healthy cholesterol profile
- Improves your cardio vascular health and protects against cancer by significantly cutting down your chances of developing cancer
- Vitamin E and antioxidants present in rice bran oil makes your skin healthy and youthful by maintaining its elasticity and reduces fine lines and premature ageing as well as prevents acne
- Effectively boosts your immunity, being rich in Vitamin E, regular consumption also improves the endocrine system
- It effectively relieves the symptoms of menopause
- Improves the functioning of liver and reduces inflammation
- Promotes hair growth and keeps your hair healthy
- Aids in effective weight loss and prevents stomach cancer
Rice Bran oil is light and less absorbent compared to other oils in the market which makes it the best cooking oil for health. It’s time you introduce Rice Bran Oil to your diet routine for a healthy heart and healthier lifestyle!