The perfect crispy hot snack on a rainy day with your favourite cup of chai!
- Large onions – 3 (cut in thin slices)
- Chickpea flour (besan) – 3 tsp.
- Rice Flour – 1 tbsp.
- Pinch of carom seeds
- Finely chopped green chilli – 1 or 2
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp.
- Pinch of baking soda
- Pinch of asafoetida
- Coriander leaves – 1 tsp.
- Water (as per the consistency to make a batter)
- Freedom Physically Refined Rice Bran Oil (less absorbent, light and mild in taste, is best for any Indian snack recipe)
- In a large mixing bowl, add besan, rice flour, red chilli powder, carom seeds, asafoetida, chopped green chillies, baking powder and coriander leaves. Mix all the ingredients well and keep aside.
- Now add sliced onions into gram flour and mix evenly. A
- To this dry mixture, add 1/2 cup of water little by little at a time and mix it well to prepare a batter.
- Batter should not be too runny it should be thick enough to pick up with fingers.
- Beat the batter for a good 5 minutes.
- Now, heat some oil for deep frying. For the first five minutes, keep the heat on high so that the oil gets hot quickly then reduce the heat to medium.
- Throw in the chopped onions to the batter and mix well.
- Now for frying, pick up a small batch of the battered onionswith the help of a spoon or with your handsto put them in the hot oil.
- Do not put too many pakodas in a single go or else they will not fry properly.
- Deep fry the pakodas in batches in medium hot oil, until nice golden brown and crunchy.
- Remove the pakodas from oil, when the frying sound and the bubbling of oil stops and place them on paper towels to get rid of excess oil.
- The best part is now – sprinkle chaat masala over the crunchy hot Pyaaz Ke Pakode and serve hot with fresh green chutney.
Another method is to put all of the dry spices and chopped onions in a bowl and then sprinkle besan and rice flour on it. Mix well and then fry them as usual.
Gobi Gajar Achar December, 2015
Dhaba Murgh April, 2016
Butter Chicken April, 2016
Bobbatlu or Puran Poli January, 2018
Mithai Achu or Boondi Chikki January, 2018
Persian Green Herb Omlette April, 2016
Meatballs with Rice April, 2016
Bhuna Gosht April, 2016
Vegetable Dahi Vada April, 2016
Egg White Nest & Green Peas Filling June, 2016
Rainbow Chapathi June, 2016
Bhindi do pyaza November, 2017
Yummy O Yummy Raagi Dumpling June, 2016
Spinach Lasagna June, 2015
French fries November, 2017
Snacks for your kid’s birthday November, 2017
Chikoli June, 2016
Grain Dates Laddu June, 2015
Lauki-tofu Buttons June, 2015
Multi Grain Veg June, 2015
Pan Cake June, 2015
Protein Enriched Cereal Porridge June, 2015
Nutritive Pocket June, 2015
Macaroni cheese balls November, 2017
Crispy pasta snacks November, 2017
Yummy aloo chaat November, 2017
Spicy masala veggie burger November, 2017
Mango curry November, 2017
Spicy Mixed Nuts June, 2017
Wholesome Egg Toast August, 2017
Super Food Antioxidant Salad June, 2017
Eating fish for a healthy heart June, 2017
Fiber Rich Snacks September, 2017
Super Food Mixed Green SAAG September, 2017
Malai paneer tikka November, 2017
Restaurant style gravy at home November, 2017
Homemade roasted nuts November, 2017
Instant pickle November, 2017
Bikaneri bhujia raita November, 2017
Delicious shahi tukda November, 2017
Make lemonade in 30 seconds November, 2017
Take the Oath of Oats December, 2017
Banana Coconut Pineapple Smoothie May, 2018
Sabsige Soppu Idly Recipe (Dill Leaves Idly) April, 2018
Chilled Yogurt Soup May, 2018
Quinoa Shaami Kebab May, 2018
Nachos with chicken, bean & salsa May, 2018
Butter Chicken May, 2018
Mango Mousse May, 2018
Bread Pakoda May, 2018
Chicken Biryani May, 2018
Crispy Fried Chicken May, 2018
Motichoor Laddoo May, 2018
Aloo Tikki Burger Recipe May, 2018
Amritsari Tali Machli May, 2018
Beetroot Rice Recipe May, 2018
Bhatura Recipe May, 2018
Chirote Recipe May, 2018
Gulkand Gulab Jamun Recipe May, 2018
Instant Jalebi Recipe May, 2018
Methi Puri Recipe May, 2018
Paneer Kofta Recipe May, 2018
Sabudana Vada Recipe May, 2018
Tomato Pachadi Recipe May, 2018
Quinoa Falafel with Light Hummus May, 2018
Makai Akhrot Badamki Tikki May, 2018
OCP Mutton Curry May, 2018
Benefits of Rice bran oil June, 2018
Masala Sweet Corn July, 2018
Bread Rolls July, 2018