1 kg Potato (boiled and mashed)
½ kg Peas (boiled & crushed)
1 cup Urad Daal
Freedom Refined Sunflower Oil to fry
2 cups Curd
2 tbsp coriander leaves (finely chopped)
1 tsp of Asafetida
Salt to taste
2 – 3 Green Chilies (Paste)
¾ inch Ginger
- Soak Urad Daal for 8 hours/overnight.
- After that remove it from water, grind it to thick paste.
- Add asafetida, salt to taste and set it aside.
- Now in a large bowl take mashed potatoes, crushed peas, chopped coriander, ginger chili paste, asafetida and salt to taste.
- Mix well and make 10-12 equal size balls.
- Now heat oil in a kadhai, dip prepared balls in Urad Daal Paste and deep fry them on slow flame.
- Meantime beat the curd to smooth consistency, add 6 – 8 cups of water and little salt. Soak the fried vadas for 15 – 20 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with red chili powder and finely chopped coriander.
- Suggestion – If you wish you can add boiled, crushed beans and carrots to potato peas mixture.