1. Clean the dill leaves. Wash and chop as fine as possible.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp Ghee and 2 Tbsp oil in a pan.
3. Add the ginger and chilly paste to the oil fry for a minute or until raw flavor reduces.
4. Add onion, curry leaves, pinch of asafoetida and coriander leaves to the oil and fry till onion is transparent.
5. Add dill leaves to the onion masala and fry for a minute sprinkle little water cover and cook the dill until the greens soften.
6. Make sure the moisture from the dill leaves evaporates before removing from the flame. Once the dill leaves masala is done remove from flame allow to cool.
7. To the Idly Batter add the cooked and cooled dill leaves masala, cooking soda and salt as per taste.
5. Mix the batter well.
6. Heat a pressure cooker or idly cooker with water.
7. Once the steam builds. smear idly plate with oil.
8. Pour Idly batter in the idly molds place the moulds for steam cooking.
9. Allow the idly to steam cook on medium flame for 10 minutes check if idly has cooked by pricking a sharp knife or a skewer in the middle if the batter does not stick the idly is done.
10. Serve the cooked idly topped with ghee or butter along with coconut chutney.