- 1-2 Bunches of any green leafy vegetable.
- 2 tbsp of Rice Bran Oil
- 1 tsp black jeera
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2-3 green chilly
- silced ginger
- 2 chopped onions
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- Mustard seeds
- Turmeric powder
- 2-3 Tomatoes
- Take 1-2 bunches of any green leafy vegetable.
- Chop and wash well and drain the water.
- Add tbsp of Rice Bran Oil and then add 1 tsp black jeera.
- Add 1 tsp of cumin seeds, 2-3 green chilly and some sliced ginger.
- Add 2 chopped Onions.
- Then add all the chopped greens and saute for few minutes.
- Add water to it and boil in the pressure cooker.
- When cool blend to a paste.
- Then take a pan and add 2-3 tbsp of Rice Bran Oil and 1-2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and 5-6 chopped onions.
- Fry them till it turns brown, add 1-2 tsp of turmeric powder and 2-3 chopped tomatoes followed by blended green puree.
- Cover and cook till cooked through and add salt to taste.
- The saag is best eaten in a bowl to avoid carbs or cab be eaten with roti.