Rich chocolate, cream cheese and surprise chocolate chip centre in every bite! Rich chocolate, cream cheese and surprise chocolate chip centre in every bite!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2/3 cups Freedom Physically Refined Rice Bran Oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Begin by preheating the oven at 350 degrees and line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Now, take a large bowl and mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Add in the oil, water, vinegar and vanilla extract and blend everything well.
- Pour this mixture into prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full and not more.
To make the filling :
- Take a medium bowl and beat together the cream cheese, egg, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt until light and fluffy.
- Now stir in the chocolate chips. Drop a heaping teaspoonful of cream cheese mixture into each cupcake and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool and serve with some sprinkled sugar if needed.
Chocolate Surprise Cupcakes are now ready to be served!