Ingredients to make Chattai Samosa
For coating :
- 1 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 3 table spoon Ghee/oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon ajwain
For Filling :
- 3 medium Potatoes
- 1/2 cup green pea
- Half tea spoon Cumin seeds
- Onion sliced one medium
- 1 table spoon Ginger Garlic paste
- Half Tea spoon red chili powder
- 1 Tea Spoon Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tea spoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 Tea spoon dry mango powder
- 2 table spoon finely chopped Coriander leaves
Salt to taste :
- Freedom Healthy Oil for Deep frying
- How to make Chattai Samosa dough: –
- Add flour, oil, ajwain salt.
- Add water to knead a soft dough.
- Keep the dough covered for 20 minutes.
For Filling :
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds.
- Add onion slices and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell goes.
- Mash the potatoes and add in masala.
- Now add all powered spices and salt.
- Add green peas and cook 2 minutes.
- Add coriander and black pepper powder.
- Filling is ready.
How to make Chattai samosa coating :
- Roll the dough and cut into two long rectangles
- Place 1 rectangle over the other and place the filling in the center.
- Fold 1 side over the FILLING and 2 nd side too.Leave two sides.
- Cut the remaining two slices into thin strips ,equal on both the sides.
- Apply thin layer of water Start forming the chattai by alternating the strips.
- When the strips are all interlocked,seal them with fingers dipped in water.
- Shallow fry on medium flame till golden brown
- Serve hot with sauce or green chutney.